Workshops and training
I offer workshops in software development practices. I'm happy to stick to a prepared topic, or work with you to produce something more specific to your business.
There are several areas I'd recommend:
- Agile software development
- Agile methods for ensuring software quality
- Agile software development for "the business"
- Transitioning your team to DVCS - workflows, practices
- Automated deployment on Windows
- Continuous delivery and shipping fast
- Refactoring and maturing legacy systems
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting web applications
- Achieving PCI compliance with minimal friction
- Web-scale ASP.NET
- Mobile web development in ASP.NET
- Modularising your .NET codebase using package management
- Software monitoring and self-instrumenting applications
- Software and the third sector
- Integrating with the JustGiving APIs
- Hiring great teams
I'm available for workshops, consulting and mentoring engagements in and around London via my independent software consultancy Electric Head Software.
Consulting engagements are likely to be part of delivering a specific product or piece of code alongside your in-house staff. Normally as short to medium term contacts, I'll work with your team, pair-program, upskill your staff and advise to solve problems and deliver features.