While we're all enduring these HashTagUnprecendetedTimes I'm going to keep a living list here of my own personal "quarantine project".
Earlier in the year I took some time out, which was originally intended to be dedicaded to travel, conferences and writing book 3. Obviously the first two things in that list are somewhat less plausible in a global pandemic, so I've been up to a bunch of other stuff.
Here is a living list, and I'll update it as more things arrive, until such a time as I write about them all distinctly.
Remote Code DOJO
I've been running weekly pair programming dojos that you can sign up to and attend here
- CoreBoy - A Working .NET Core / C# 8 GameBoy emulator
- RayCastingDemo - Built a RayCasting 3D "engine" in C#. GitHub source and a Glitch interactive demo of it.
- Glitch .NET Core Templates .NET Core Templates over time.
- .NET Core library templates for GitHub actions
- TypeTetris - A TypeScript implementaton of Tetris in the browser.
- Get Coding 2 Game Examples - I've built up interactive samples of the games from my second book Get Coding 2, here.
- SNES Kart - A half baked attempt at cloning Super Mario Kart's rendering system in CSS.
- Glitch TypeScript templates [https://glitch.com/@davidwhitney/java-script-and-type-script-templates]
- Glitch JestRunner - An interactive Jest sandpit.
- Typescript WebSockets Chat Demo - A quick demo of WebSockets / Glitch / TypeScript.
- InteractiveLights - Lent a helping hand with some C/C++ for Arduino based interactive LED pixels on wearable tech. Code here. Running demo WebApp here.
Work In Progress
- BrowserParty - A proximity based WebRTC chat client.
Book 3 is still coming 🖤